Summer Residence Applications for 2023 have closed.
Information regarding summer of 2024 will be updated by January 2024.
Are you a Carleton student looking to live on campus throughout the summer? We do offer long-term summer residence! Please read the information below in full prior to submitting your application.
Starting February 21 after 10:00 am, the Student Summer Residence application can be completed by submitting the form at the bottom of this page (not in Carleton Central).
- Summer Student Residence Information
Summer Student Residence Information
Students will be accommodated in single rooms in shared suites. Suites include one or two full bathrooms, full kitchenette with fridge and microwave, dining area, Wi-Fi and air conditioning.
- Short term accommodation is not available.
- A non-refundable $300.00 deposit is required if you receive a room offer. This deposit will be applied to your student account to act as a payment to your residence fees shortly after the fees are posted.
- Students may have the option of buying a meal plan, or may choose to make their own meals.
- Students are required to provide their own bed linens for a standard double mattress, towels, and amenities. Click here for more information about what to bring/what not to bring.
- Eligibility Requirements
You must pay all 2021/2022 fall and winter term fees by April 25, 2023 in order to be eligible to live in Summer Residence. If your Student Account does not have a zero balance by April 25, and you have received and accepted a summer room offer, your room offer will be revoked, and the $300 deposit refunded.
Priority is given to students who are registered in courses, in a co-op related to their program, or here for academic purposes.
- Length of Stay Options and Fees
The minimum length of stay is determined by the session you choose for the summer. You are responsible for residence fees associated with the session, even if you choose to leave prior to the end of the session.
- Early Summer Session – May 3 to June 26 – $1,890
- Students currently living in residence until April 28 have the option to select to stay in their current room from April 28 – May 3 for an addition fee of $175*.
- Late Summer Session – July 2 to August 26 – $1,925
- Full Summer – May 3 to August 26 – $4,025
- As the Full and Late summer residence fees only cover up to the night of August 25th, students who have confirmed residence for the fall who have opted in to staying through to move in weekend will pay an additional stayover fee from August 26 – September 1 of $210.
There are additional fees if you choose to opt for a meal plan.
*Important – to current residence students in winter term residence who have an exam earlier than April 28 and wish to stay in their room until moving to the summer room on May 3 are required to complete a Request for Room Extensions in April form linked here. Please do not submit this form until after you have submitted a Summer Residence application.
- Early Summer Session – May 3 to June 26 – $1,890
- Optional Summer Meal Plan and Additional Fees
The last meal for academic residence is breakfast on April 28 from 7:30 am to 10:30 am. The summer meal plan will start with breakfast on May 4.
Please note that the meal plans offered through fall/winter are NOT available for the summer.
The only option for a summer meal plan consists of 14 meals per week. All meals are served in the caf.
Summer 2023 meal plan fees:
- Early Summer Session – May 3 to June 26 – $1,500.12
- Late Summer Session – July 2 to August 26 – $1,527.90
- Full Summer – May 3 to August 26 – $3,194.70
Walk in Rates:
- Breakfast – $11.24 + Tax
- Lunch – $13.91 + Tax
- Dinner – $16.54 + Tax
- Meal Periods/Caf Hours
- Breakfast: 7:30 am – 9:00 am
- Lunch: 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Dinner: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
As of August 31:
- Thursday August 31 – Closed
- Friday September 1 – Lunch 11:00 am – 3:00 pm and Dinner 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Saturday September 2 – Lunch 11:00 am – 3:00 pm and Dinner 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Sunday September 3 – Lunch 11:00 am – 3:00 pm and Dinner 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Monday September 4 – Regular Fall hours
You may only use one meal per meal period up to 3 meals per day until all 14 meals are used.
May 10 is the deadline to remove the meal plan for early/full summer.
July 7 is the deadline to remove the meal plan for full/late summer.
Aug 26 is the last day for the meal plan.
The caf remains open for walk ins.
- Important Dates and Deadlines
Please click here for full list of important dates and deadlines for Summer Residence 2023.
- June 20 is the last day for students who are in a full summer residence contract who wish to switch their contract to early summer residence. A $300 Withdrawal Fee will apply. Refer to the Summer Residence Agreement, Terms and Conditions linked here.
- June 20 is also the last day for students who are in an Early Summer residence contract who wish to extend to a Full Summer Residence contract; providing space is available. It may be required that the student is moved to a new suite. Refer to the Summer Residence Agreement, Terms and Conditions linked here.
- June 25 is the last night for Early summer residents. Early summer students must vacate and remove all items from their summer room no later than 12:00 pm noon on June 26th.
- July 2 is the check in date for Late summer students.
- July 7 is the deadline to remove the meal plan for full/late summer.
- Residence Reception Desk 2023 Summer Hours
- April 28: Closed at 4:30 pm
- April 29 – 30: Closed
- May 1 – 5: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Wednesday May 3 only: Open 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
- May 6-7: Closed
- May 8: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- May 9-12: 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Effective May 13:
- Seven days a week – 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Effective August 13:
- Sunday, August 13 – Friday, August 18: Open 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, August 19 to Sunday, August 20 – CLOSED
- Monday, August 21 – Sunday, August 27: Open 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Monday, August 28: at 7:00 am begin 24/7 operations
Please click here for information about Residence mail service.
- Student Summer Residence Application
March 31 Update – Due to a high volume of requests, we are no longer accepting applications.