Summer Residence Applications have closed on July 15, 2021 at 4:30 PM
Carleton University offers long-term summer residence for current Carleton students wishing to live on campus throughout the summer!
Please read the information below in full prior to submitting your application.
The Student Summer Residence application is now open and can be found below, after the information (not in Carleton Central).
- The 2020/2021 fall and winter term fees must be paid by April 25th, 2021 in order to be eligible to live in Summer Residence. If your Student Account does not have a zero balance by April 25th, and you have received and accepted a summer room offer, your room offer will be revoked, and the $300 deposit refunded.
- Priority is given to students who are registered in courses or here for academic purposes.
Summer Residence Standards:
Please review the 2021 Summer Residence Standards by clicking here.
Summer Residence Agreement Terms and Conditions:
Please click here to review the 2021Summer Residence Agreement Terms and Conditions.
Travelling Outside of Canada:
If you are travelling to summer residence from outside of Canada please click here for quarantine planning support.
Student Summer Accommodations:
Students will be accommodated within a single room in a two-person shared suite in Frontenac House. Suites include one full bathroom, full kitchenette with fridge and microwave, dining area, Wi-Fi and air conditioning.
- There is a 30 night minimum requirement to live in summer residence. Short term accommodation is not available.
- Single room option – $31 per night ($930 based on 30 nights)
- Students may have the option of buying a meal plan, or can choose to make their own meals.
- There will be two students assigned to each suite.
- Students are required to provide their own bed linens for a standard double mattress, towels, and amenities.
- A non-refundable $300.00 deposit is required if you receive a room offer. This deposit will be applied to your student account to act as a payment to your residence fees shortly after the fees are posted.
- If living in residence over the summer, please continue to self-monitor for any symptoms potentially linked to COVID-19. If you start feeling unwell, please follow the symptom reporting process.
Important Dates and Deadline:
Please click here for Important dates and deadlines for Summer Residence.
- If you are currently in residence, the deadline to apply to remain in residence through to the summer is April 12th.
- Summer room offers will start going out at the end of March.
- Current residence students who have a confirmed summer residence room should be prepared to move to their summer room on Friday, April 30th (this date is not flexible).
- The earliest date of occupancy for all other summer residents (who did not reside in academic residence or moved out prior to April 28th) is Wednesday, May 5th.
- Summer residence meal plan starts on May 3rd.
- May 17th is the last day to remove the summer meal plan.
Optional Summer Meal Plan:
The last meal for academic residence is breakfast on April 28th 7:30 am to 11:00am. The summer meal plan will start on May 3rd.
The summer meal plan starts on May 3rd.
- 14 meals per week: $23.95 per day or $2,850 from May 3rd to August 29th.
All meals are served in The OASIS.
- Breakfast: 7:30 am – 9:00 am
- Lunch: 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Dinner: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
You may only use one meal per meal period up to 3 meals per day until all meals are used.
Walk in Rates:
- Breakfast at $8.50 + tax
- Lunch and Dinner at $12.75 + tax
Summer Hours for the Residence Reception Desk:
- April 28th – Close at 4:30 pm
- Closed April 29th to May 2nd
- Open as of May 3rd – 8:00 am
- Mondays to Fridays – 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Saturdays – 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Sundays and Holidays closed
IMPORTANT NOTE: Current residence students are required to complete an application to extend their stay beyond the last scheduled exam. Please click here to complete the extension form before you apply for summer residence.
Summer Residence Application Form is no longer available as of July 15, 2021 at 4:30 PM