Carleton University acknowledges the location of its campus on the traditional, unceded territories of the Algonquin nation.
The Department of Housing and Residence Life Services supports Carleton University’s commitment to diversity as a source of human excellence, cultural enrichment and social strength. We are committed to providing students with an environment that promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion and is free of discrimination, injustice, and violence. We will take proactive and reactive steps to continually reinforce our commitment.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in Residence
Our Residence student staff members get trained on how to foster safe and inclusive environments. If you are experiencing a situation that makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe in Residence, the Residence Fellow on your floor is available to you. They will connect with a network of professional supports to help address the issue in a confidential manner.
Equity and Inclusive Communities (EIC)
Equity and Inclusive Communities (EIC) is another support available to students. Their mandate includes:
- advocating for human rights;
- delivering education and enhance awareness on human rights issues; to provide information and training on human rights issues; to promote a barrier-free campus;
- intervening to prevent discrimination and harassment and foster equality regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender, race, sexual orientation or (dis)ability;
- providing training and education regarding sexual harassment and sexual assault;
- providing information, support and referrals to individuals who have experienced a sexual assault;
- promoting Indigenous outreach, retention and culture;
- providing accommodation advice related to religion, disability, family status and pregnancy; to promote education and employment equity.
For more information on EIC, visit their website or their office at 3800 CTTC Building.
Carleton University Students’ Association (CUSA)
Carleton University Students’ Association (CUSA) offers a variety of services to foster equity, diversity and inclusion on campus.
For a full list of CUSA’s student services, click here.