When you accept residence, you accept an eight month agreement (September – April). Please read the following information from section 17 through section 21 in the Residence Agreement regarding moving out before the end of your agreement below.

17. The University may terminate this Agreement upon giving the Resident 72 hours’ notice if:

  1. the Resident ceases to be registered in courses at the University; or
  2. the Resident fails to make any payment owing under this Agreement by the date on which it falls due.

18. Notwithstanding item 17, the University may choose to, and reserves the right to, terminate this Agreement by giving the Resident 24 hours’ notice if the Resident breaches the Agreement and/or Residence Standards.

19. In the event of termination and unless the Agreement is terminated as per section 20, the Resident shall remain fully responsible for all residence fees as stipulated in section 20 .

20. A resident who is unable to continue living in residence due to medical reasons, and/or exceptional circumstances beyond their control, may submit a written application, along with any applicable supporting evidence including medical documentation, to the University to request pro-rated refund of their residence fees. The application must be submitted within thirty (30) days of the Resident’s withdrawal from Residence. Applications will be considered and determined by the University at its sole and absolute discretion.

21. Where this agreement is terminated:

  1. the Resident shall pay to the University an administration and processing fee of $700.00.
  2. the University shall post a credit to the Resident’s University student account for any amounts charged for the period after the date of termination or the date the Room was vacated (whichever is later), from which the University may off-set any amounts owing to it by the Resident pursuant to clause (a). No credit of fees shall be granted after March 1, 2021.
  3. if the Residence Agreement is terminated for reasons related to conduct, the Resident shall be liable for the full amount of residence fees and shall not be entitled to a refund of any part thereof.

The withdrawal form is not available for the 2020-2021 year.