When you accept residence, you accept an eight month agreement (September – April). Please read the following information from section 17 through section 20 in the Residence Agreement regarding moving out before the end of your agreement below.
17. The University may terminate this Agreement upon giving the Resident 72 hours’ notice if:
a. The Resident ceases to be registered in courses at the University; or
b. The Resident fails to make any payment owing under this Agreement by the date on which it falls due.
18. Notwithstanding section 17, the University may choose to, and reserves the right to, terminate this Agreement by giving the
Resident 24 hours’ notice if the Resident breaches this Agreement and/or the Residence Standards.
19. In the event of termination of this Agreement under section 17 or 18 of this Agreement, the Resident shall remain fully
responsible for all Residence Fees. The University may also charge an administration and processing fee of $700. In the
event of termination of this Agreement by the University without the fault, misconduct, delinquency, or breach of the
Resident, the University shall provide, at the University’s discretion (i) a pro-rated credit of Residence Fees already paid by
the Resident, or (ii) a pro-rated credit to the Resident’s University account of Residence Fees already paid by the Resident.
20. A resident who is unable to continue living in residence due to medical reasons, and/or exceptional circumstances beyond
their control, may submit a written application, along with any applicable supporting evidence including medical
documentation, to the University to request a pro-rated credit of their residence fees. The application must be submitted
within thirty (30) days of the Resident’s withdrawal from Residence. Applications will be considered and determined by the
University at its sole and absolute discretion.
No credit of fees shall be granted to any resident whose Agreement is terminated on or after March 1, 2024
Please review the Residence Agreement to understand your contractual obligations before completing the residence withdrawal application below:
If you choose to vacate residence with no fee adjustment, please ensure to follow the steps below:
- Remove all belongings/debris from your room/common areas and ensure it is clean. Take pictures of the clean room.
- Carts may be available to sign out at the Residence Reception Desk.
- Lock your door
- Go to the Residence Reception Desk to advise you are checking out, and return room keys if applicable.
If you wish to apply to withdraw from residence, please complete the application form below”