Welcome! We are excited that you are choosing to join our community for Winter term. This page contains important information you need to know about Winter Residence.
*If you are a returning Carleton upper year student, when applying, please select “Fall Term” from the dropdown menu to be added to an existing waitlist which is being considered for winter term only. The system will not allow you to select “Winter Term” in the dropdown menu.
November 8 – The application for Graduate students is now closed due to an extensive waitlist and no vacancies.
Winter Residence Dates and Deadlines
- October 31, 2022 at 10:00 am – We will begin accepting online applications for Winter Residence
- December 9, 2022 at 4:30 pm – Deadline to cancel room offer and receive a partial refund of deposit
- January 8. 2023 at 12:00 pm noon – Winter check-in for students with a confirmed spot in Residence
- January 31, 2023 at 4:30 pm – Deadline to submit an application for Winter 2022 residence
- You will be required to vacate your residence room 24 hours after your last scheduled exam in April. If an extension is permitted, the absolute last day of residence is April 27, 2023 at 12:00 pm noon.
For other important dates and deadlines, please click here.
Apply for Winter Residence
Step 1: Log on to My Carleton and select Carleton Central
Step 2: Go to Main Menu >> Housing Services >> Apply to Residence.
Step 3: Pay the $35 non-refundable application fee
The $35 application fee can be paid by credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express, any Visa/Debit* cards) or by Interac, also through Carleton Central. Please note that only customers of RBC Royal Bank, TD Bank, First Nations may use the Interac option, through Carleton Central. *If you are using a Visa/Debit card, select the Pay with your Credit Card section on Carleton Central to make payment.
Step 4: Wait for an email within 48 hours with instructions and a link to our Residence Information Form. More information about the Residence Information Form can be found here.
Keep In Mind
- New students must accept an offer of Admission from Carleton before you can apply for Residence.
- Depending on availability, we will offer space according to waitlist position.
- Please view the 2021–2022 Residence Agreement.