1. What types of rooms are available in residence?

Carleton offers double and single rooms in two types of residence styles:  traditional and suite style.  In suite residences, there are facilities for cooking and for residents in Leeds and Frontenac Houses, meal plans are optional.  Cooking is not permitted in traditional style residence, but you may keep a rented fridge and kettle in your room.  Meal plans are obligatory. All residence floors are coed (but not rooms or washrooms unless requested) with the exception of two single gender female floors located in traditional residence.

2. How do I indicate my roommate preference?

The Residence Information Form is your opportunity to provide the Department of Housing and Residence Life Services with the information that can assist us with your room and roommate assignment. In assigning roommates, we take some of the following factors into consideration: your age, your program, your floor preference and your personal profile answers. If you have a roommate preference, both you and your preferred roommate must request each other on the Residence Information Form.

3. How can I find out who my roommate is?

By completing the Residence Information Form and agreeing to be assigned a space, you consent to your roommate having access to your full name and Carleton cmail address through the eRezLife system. More information on how to access this information will be emailed mid-August.

4. Can I move in a few days earlier?

Residents will be notified in early August as to which day is their assigned move-in date. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept early arrivals, as we operate a summer accommodation business and require a period to prepare for the academic year.