- Is residence right for me? Why should I live in Residence?
Our Residence Life staff have worked hard to create a safe and inclusive environment conducive to your academic, personal and professional growth. If you are interested in connecting with your peers, getting involved in your community and learning outside the classroom, you should consider living in Residence!
Residence also comes with convenience: a furnished room, prepared meals, and close proximity to classes and campus resources – so that you can focus on learning and developing yourself.
Please note that to manage and maintain a crowded collective living environment requires rules and regulations. If you prefer a higher level of privacy or personal space free from regulation and supervision, Residence may not be the best option for you.
- What types of rooms are available in residence?
Carleton offers double and single rooms in two types of residence styles: traditional and suite style.
- In Suite-Style Buildings, there are facilities for cooking. For residents in Leeds and Frontenac Houses, meal plans are optional.
- Cooking is not permitted in Traditional-Style Buildings, but you may keep a rented fridge and kettle in your room. Meal plans are obligatory.
All residence floors are co-ed (but not rooms or washrooms unless requested) with the exception of single gender floors.
For more information, click here.
- How do I indicate my roommate preference?
The Residence Information Form is your opportunity to provide the Department of Housing and Residence Life Services with the information that can assist us with your room and roommate assignment. In assigning roommates, we take some of the following factors into consideration: your age, your program, your floor preference and your personal profile answers. If you have a roommate preference, both you and your preferred roommate must request each other on the Residence Information Form.
- When will I find out the name of my roommate?
You will receive an email in mid-August with instructions about how to access your roommate’s name and Carleton email through the ErezLife system.
Please also be aware that by completing the Residence Information Form, you consent to sharing your full name and Carleton email address with your roommate.