Residence Move In 2023: August 31 – September 3
We understand that you may have many questions as you are starting a new chapter at Carleton. To help you get the answers you need, and to welcome you to the Carleton community, feel free to reach out to any staff member displaying the Ask Me buttons with any questions you may have!
- Preparing to Move In
Within a month before your move-in date, you will receive the following information to your Carleton email:
- End of July / Early August: Residence Information email with your assigned room type.
- Early August: Move in registration instructions will be emailed.
- Mid-August: Your assigned building and how to contact your roommate.
Once you know your assigned building, please take a virtual tour by clicking here. This tour will give you a clear view of what your room should look like and what is provided.
- Packing Tips
Are you planning on buying new bedding, towels and other basics for school? Simplify packing and make your residence room just like home by ordering coordinated essentials from Residence Linens and have them delivered to Carleton before your move-in day! If you have any questions, please contact Residence Linens through the following website, https://residencelinens.com/.
Interested in having a refrigerator in your room? The University’s contractor Coldex is offering rental of a medium bar or large bar refrigerator for the academic year!
By restricting personal refrigerators to those provided by Coldex, we ensure that all refrigerators are properly cleaned and in good working order, assist the University in providing a safe and healthy living environment in its residences, and contribute to the University’s sustainability efforts.
Please note: The suites residences, Prescott, Frontenac, and Leeds have a meal preparation area in the suite that includes a full size refrigerator for use by all residents of that assigned space.
For more information about Coldex, please visit www.coldexrents.com.
- Checking In
Check-in for all students will be drive-thru style in Parking Lot 7. In order to ensure your move-in is safe and smooth, please abide by the following guidelines:
- Please arrive as close as possible to your registered check-in time.
- Students – Have your government issued ID ready, and make sure you know your assigned building.
- Pull your car up to the tent for your assigned building. Please do not get out of your vehicle.
- Once you have received your keys, proceed to the unloading location designated to your building and quickly unload your belongings.
- Limited carts will be available to sign out from your unloading location
- Drivers must remain with their vehicle until all belongings are unloaded, then move their car to Parking Lot 1, 5 or 9.
- Only TWO people may assist the student with moving their items into Residence.
Arriving by bus, cab or Uber? Please direct the driver to drop you off at Teraanga Commons. You will check-in at the Residence Reception Desk, located on the 2nd floor of Teraanga Commons.
If you arrive outside of the peak periods, please report to the Residence Reception Desk, which is open 24/7.
Upon moving in, please take a few moments to review the room inventory check list here. Should there be anything missing or damaged in the room, please complete a work order online through the ErezLife portal.
- Arriving Late?
If you intend to arrive after 11:59 pm on Sunday, September 3, you must inform the Department of Housing and Residence Life Services by registering for a late arrival linked here. If we do not receive notice of your late arrival, your room will be cancelled and offered to another student. Your deposit will also be forfeited.
*Please note – Residence is closed between December 23 through to 12:00 pm noon on January 7. Students arriving during the closure period will not be able to check into their residence until 12:00 pm noon on January 7.