• Date Format: DD slash MM slash YYYY
    Room keys must be handed back on this day if your residence withdrawal is approved.
  • Residence Agreement Withdrawal Policy:

    17. The University may terminate this Agreement upon giving the Resident 72 hours’ notice if: a. the Resident ceases to be registered in courses at the University; or b. the Resident fails to make any payment owing under this Agreement by the date on which it falls due.

    18. Notwithstanding section 17, the University may choose to, and reserves the right to, terminate this Agreement by giving the Resident 24 hours’ notice if the Resident breaches this Agreement and/or the Residence Standards.

    19. In the event of termination of this Agreement under section 17 or 18 of this Agreement, the Resident shall remain fully responsible for all Residence Fees. In the event of termination of this Agreement by the University without the fault, misconduct, delinquency, or breach of the Resident, the University shall provide, at the University’s discretion (i) a pro-rated credit of Residence Fees already paid by the Resident, or (ii) a pro-rated credit to the Resident’s University account of Residence Fees already paid by the Resident.

    20. A resident who is unable to continue living in residence due to medical reasons, and/or exceptional circumstances beyond their control, may submit a written application, along with any applicable supporting evidence including medical documentation, to the University to request a pro-rated credit of their residence fees. The application must be submitted within thirty (30) days of the Resident’s withdrawal from Residence. Applications will be considered and determined by the University at its sole and absolute discretion.

    21. Where this agreement is terminated: a. the Resident shall pay to the University an administration and processing fee of $700.00. b. the University shall post a credit to the Resident’s University student account for any amounts charged for the period after the date of termination or the date the Room was vacated (whichever is later), from which the University may off-set any amounts owing to it by the Resident pursuant to clause (a). No credit of fees shall be granted after March 1, 2021. c. if the Residence Agreement is terminated for reasons related to conduct, the Resident shall be liable for the full amount of residence fees and shall not be entitled to a refund of any part thereof.
  • Not your Carleton Residence address.
  • Carleton email address preferred.
  • Please update your new address information on Carleton Central.

    If you paid your fees through OSAP, etc., any refund resulting from a residence withdrawal is pending approval of the Awards Office. If you have a credit balance on your student account after it has been adjusted, you can request a refund through your Carleton Central account. Under the Student Accounts section, there is a link titled “Request Refund/Scholarship Balance”. Please refer to the University website for further information regarding refunds: https://carleton.ca/studentaccounts/faq/#Refunds.

    ROOMS MUST BE LEFT EMPTY AND IN A CLEAN STATE OF GOOD REPAIR. A minimum charge of $100 will be applied for cleaning, plus appropriate costs of repair, for failure to do so.

    Please return all keys/cards to the Department of Housing and Residence Life Services or the Residence Commons Reception Desk upon your departure.

    You will be contacted by email once your withdrawal application is processed.
  • This collection notice may be appended to forms used by Academic and Administrative units to collect personal information from any individual who interacts with us. “Personal information collected through this form will be used and disclosed by Carleton University under the authority of the Carleton University Act, 1952, and in accordance with sections 39, 41 and 42 of Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The purpose of this processing is to apply for a withdrawal from residence. If you have any questions about the processing of personal information by Carleton University, please contact the Manager, Privacy & Access to Information, by phone at 613-520-2600 ext. 2047 or by e-mail via University_Privacy_Office@carleton.ca.” If the collection is occurring through a web form, you can create a PDF of the completed notice and create a hyperlink with the following statement. The hyperlink would be linked to the words “privacy notice”: “By clicking submit, you acknowledge that you have read the privacy notice and you consent to the uses and disclosures identified”.