Residence Reception Desk
The Residence Reception Desk is dedicated to facilitating a positive learning and living environment for all Carleton students.
Contact Information: (613) 520-5609 or email us by clicking here.
During the academic year, the Desk offers a wide range of services to students. Please note, due to the COVID-19 restrictions, the services provided by the desk have been reduced to best serve the residence community (i.e. lockouts/access, general questions, mail).
- Key and Campus Card Access Troubleshooting
- Lockout Assistance
- Residence Mail Processing
- Residence Commons Tabling
- Campus Card Top Ups
- Cart Sign Out/Item Sign Out(s) for Residence Students
- OC Transpo Bus/O-train Information
- Event Information
- General Information about Campus and the Ottawa Area
- Lost and Found
Please note, due to the COVID-19 restrictions, we are not offering tabling services for the 2020-2021 academic year. Tabling space in Residence Commons can also be requested through the Residence Reception Desk. To request space please click here.
We’re always here to help – even if your question or concern isn’t related to living in residence we’ll connect you to the appropriate department or person.
During the summer months, our desk switches gears and partners with Conference Services to provide accommodations and meeting spaces to the public. Our guests include students, sports and tour groups, youth groups, and professionals. Visit the Conference Services website by clicking here.
For current/active Carleton University students seeking to apply for long term (30 nights or more) summer residence, please click here for more information. For all other summer accommodation inquiries please email Conference services by clicking here.; for meeting space, please click here to email your request.
Hours: 24/7 * Occasionally, there are adjustments to our hours. Please visit this webpage or the Residence Reception Desk for updates.
2021 New Desk Hours:
The Residence Reception Desk will be operating on reduced hours effective Sunday January 17th 2021. Hours will be as follows:
Sunday to Wednesday: 7:00 am – 12:00 am midnight (after midnight please call safety at 613-520-3612 for lock out assistance, or 613-520-4444 for emergencies)
24/7 effective Thursday at 7:00 am – Saturday inclusive
Winter 2021 Reading Week Hours:
- Saturday, February 13th – Last day of 24/7 service prior to reading week
- Sunday, February 14th, – 7:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Monday, February 15th – Friday, February 19th inclusive 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Resume 24/7 service as of 9:00 am on Saturday, February 20th
- The mailroom will have regular hours (Monday-Friday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm) through reading week;
Summer 2021 Hours:
- April 28th – Close at 4:30 pm
- Closed April 29th to May 2nd inclusive
- Open as of May 3rd – 8:00 am
- Mondays to Fridays – 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Saturdays – 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Sundays and Holidays closed