Please read more information about the December Closure here.
Please complete the December Close Down Request Form to be considered for December Close Down accommodations!
Extension Requests (April)
The deadline for room extension is Thursday, April 12th.
All students are required to vacate their room no later than midnight the day following the last scheduled final exam. All residence must vacate residence by 12:00 pm EST noon on April 27th. For information on requesting an extension on your last day of residence, please click here.
Late Arrival to Residence:
Apply for a Late Arrival here.
Meal Plan Change:
From the commencement of the Fall Term, beginning September 6th, students may change their meal plan option any number of times* up to and including September 18, 2017. After that date, and until the end of the Fall Term, meal plan options may be changed only if the change results in an increase in the number of weekly meals. From the commencement of the Winter Term, students may change their meal plan option any number of times* up to and including January 15, 2018. After that date, and until the end of the Winter Term, meal plan options may be changed only if the change results in an increase in the number of weekly meals. *The first meal plan option change made in each of the Fall and Winter Terms is free of charge; a $25 administrative fee will be assessed for any subsequent meal plan option changes.
Meal plan fees will be adjusted accordingly to the Student Account. If applicable Dining Dollars are non refundable; Dining Dollars loaded for the fall term fees will remain on the Campus Card. Dining Dollars for the winter term will be refunded back to the student account, unless the meal plan change request is done in the winter term. In that case, Dining Dollars are non refundable.
In Leeds and Frontenac only, you may choose to add a meal plan (if you do not have one) or remove a meal plan at any time throughout the Fall Term until December 8, 2017 and again at any time during the Winter Term until April 6th, 2018, but please remember, more than one change will still result in a service fee.
Apply for a meal plan change.
Room Change Requests:
Before you complete a Room Change Request, please read our Room Change Policy here.
Please click here to complete a Room Change Request form.
Summer Residence for Students:
Please click here for more information and the application form.
Withdrawal from Residence:
Please read the information within the agreement before you complete a Withdrawal Form. No credit of fees shall be granted after March 1, 2016.
When you accept residence, you accept an eight month agreement (September – April). Please read the following information from section 16 through to section 19 in the Residence Agreement regarding moving out before the end of your agreement, http://housing.carleton.ca/applying/contract/:
- The University may terminate this Agreement upon giving the Resident 72 hours’ notice if:
- the Resident ceases to be a student at the University;
- the Resident fails to make any payment owing under this Agreement by the date on which it falls due.
- Notwithstanding item 16, the University may choose to, and reserves the right to, terminate this Agreement by giving the Resident 24 hours’ notice where there is a breach of the Agreement and/or Residence Standards.
- A Resident continuing as a student at the University assumes full responsibility for the Residence Fees for the academic year unless the Agreement is terminated as per section 19.
- A resident who is unable to continue living in residence due to medical reasons, and/or exceptional circumstances beyond their control, may submit a written application, along with any applicable supporting evidence including medical documentation, to the University to request pro-rated refund of their residence fees. The application must be submitted within thirty (30) days of the Resident’s withdrawal from Residence. Applications will be considered and determined by the University in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Where this agreement is terminated:
- the Resident shall pay to the University an administration and processing fee of $700.00.
- the University shall pay to the Resident a credit to their University student account for any amounts paid for the period after the date of termination or the date the Room was vacated (whichever is later), from which the University may off-set any amounts owing to it by the Resident pursuant to clause (a). No credit of fees shall be granted after March 1, 2016.
- if the Residence Agreement is terminated for conduct reasons the Resident shall be liable for the full amount of residence fees and shall not be entitled to a refund of any part thereof.
Apply for a Withdrawal from Residence here.