Applying for Winter Term
If you are interested in Residence for the winter term only (January – April), please note that we will be accepting online applications commencing after 10:00 am EST on October 31st for the following January. You can apply for Residence by logging on to My Carleton and select Carleton Central. Once in Carleton Central and you have reached the Main Menu, scroll down to Housing Services and click on Apply to Residence. Please note that if you wish to apply for residence, you will be required to pay a $35 non-refundable application fee. The $35 application fee can be paid by credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express, Visa/Debit cards) or by Interac, also through Carleton Central. Please note that only customers of BMO, RBC Royal Bank, TD Bank, CIBC, and Scotia Bank may use the Interac option.
- New students should be aware that you must accept an offer of Admission from Carleton before you can apply for Residence.
- New students coming from secondary school, admitted into their first year of a degree program for the winter term will receive a guaranteed offer of residence for a traditional double room. The deadline to accept the offer is at 4:30 pm EST on Thursday, December 6th, 2018.
- Depending on availability, space will be offered on a first come, first serve basis.
- December 12th 4:30 pm ET– Deadline to cancel room offer and receive a partial refund of deposit for all students.
- Students who have a confirmed spot in residence for the winter term may check-in after 12:00 pm noon on January 6th, and are required to vacate their residence room 24 hours after their last scheduled exam in April or, if an extension is permitted, the absolute last day of residence is April 28th at 12:00 pm noon.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact The Department of Housing and Residence Life by phone at 613 520-5612 or email us: email@example.com.