2020 Summer Student Accommodation applications are now closed.
2021 Summer residence information will be updated in January 2021.
Due to the global pandemic Carleton University is offering a limited version of our 2020 summer residence program to students currently in residence who are unable to leave and/or international students unable to return home to their countries. Students seeking summer accommodation at Carleton and who do not fall into the above criteria will be considered case-by-case and in exceptional circumstances.
Please click here for a list of Terms and Conditions regarding Summer Residence.
Important dates and deadlines for Summer Residence can be found here.
Students will be accommodated within a single room in a suite style residence. Suites may include either one or two full bathrooms, full kitchenettes with fridge and microwave, dining area, Wi-Fi and air conditioning.
- Available space is based on first come first serve.
- Students are required to provide their own bed linens, towels, and amenities.
- Students have the option of buying a meal plan, or can choose to make their own meals.
Below are the student residence options available during the summer:
- Single room option – NEW RATE $20 per night (old rate was $30 per night)
- Add an optional Meal Plan: an additional $2800 for a 17 week commitment starting with dinner on April 26 through to August 23rd. The meal plan will consist of 14 meals per week.
Meal periods for the summer months are below:
All meals are available are served at The Oasis beginning April 27 (dinner at the Caf April 26 only)
- Breakfast: 7:30 am – 9:00 am
- Lunch: 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Dinner: 5:00 pm -7:00 pm
You may only use one meal per meal period up to 3 meals per day until all 14 meals are used.
The last meal for academic residence is breakfast on April 26th 7:30 am to 11:00am.
Summer Hours for the Residence Reception Desk:
Week of April 27th and week of May 4th:
- Monday – 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Tuesday – Closed
- Wednesday – 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Thursday – Closed
- Friday – 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
Summer Hours Effective May 11th and thereafter:
- Monday – Friday – 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday – 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Sunday – Closed
Please review the 2020 Summer Residence Standards Updated May 1 2020 by clicking here.
*Note that all fees are posted to your Student Account and are due by a new deadline, May 7th.