Move-In is an exciting time, and it is pertinent that you know the next steps to ensure that move-in is a safe and inclusive environment.
You will be self-selecting your check-in date and time with a link that will be sent to your Carleton email (cmail) account. Selecting a date and time helps to ensure that the volumes of hallways, elevators, and roads are manageable.
Key Dates and Times
Move-in weekend is from Friday, September 1 – Sunday, September 3, 9:00 am-5:00 pm daily.
Spaces are limited on August 31st, but students may choose to move in on the date, although meals will not be available on the early arrival date.
If you intend to arrive after 11:59 pm on Sunday, September 3, you must select the arriving after September 3rd option on the check-in registration form and fill out the Late Arrival Form online. This is to ensure that your room and deposit are not forfeited.
When You Arrive
Campus Safety has provided these instructions to avoid congestion:
- When you arrive on campus, follow the large red signs and the directions of staff directing drivers to Parking Lot 7. Check-in will be drive-thru style, so you will not have to leave your vehicle!
- You will follow the signs to the check-in tent of your assigned building. (You will receive your building information in your email in mid-August). You will be required to present a piece of government-issued ID (passport, driver’s license, etc.) upon check-in. Please ensure that your identification is easily accessible, (not in the trunk).
- Once you have the keys to your room, you will be permitted to move your vehicle closer to your assigned building to unload your belongings.
Things to Consider Before Move-In Weekend
- Label all items with your full name and building.
- On the day of move-in, keep any valuables (i.e., wallets, laptops, cell phones, etc.) on your person.
- Keep a piece of government-issued ID on you when you pull up in your car to make sure you get the appropriate move-in package.
- If you choose the early arrival option, facilitators will not be available to help you move in your items.
- Only two people can accompany the resident to their room and assist with move-in.