1st Year Guaranteed Offer Room Assignment Process

Space in a double traditional style residence is guaranteed to all current secondary school and CEGEP students entering first-year studies who are admitted on or before May 15th, 2019, and who complete the Residence Information Form, accept the offer of Residence Accommodation, and pay the residence deposit by 4:30p.m ET, June 10th, all online. Students who indicated an interest in residence accommodation on their OUAC application will receive an Offer of Residence Accommodation with their Offer of Admission to Carleton University. Students cannot accept their Offer of Residence Accommodation until they accept their Offer of Admission.

1st year students who accept their Offer of Residence Accommodation, will be accepting an offer of accommodation in a double traditional room. The traditional buildings are Glengarry, Russell, Grenville, Lanark, Renfrew, Stormont, Dundas and Lennox and Addington.

When students accept their guaranteed offer of Residence Accommodation, they may indicate on the Residence Information Form their interest in being assigned to a double in the suite style building (Prescott), a single in a traditional building, or a single in the suite style building (Prescott). Please note that the majority of 1st year accommodation is double traditional.  Due to the limited number of single rooms for 1st year students in both traditional and suite style buildings, double rooms in a suite style building, and the possibility that requests for such accommodation will exceed availability, assignment to these spaces will be determined randomly, through the use of residence room assignment software. Traditional Building assignment is also random (with the exception of the all female floor, requirement for accommodation over December closedown and other special considerations). We do not accept requests for accommodation to specific buildings. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that students will receive their alternate room accommodation preference as noted on the Residence Information Form.