The weeks are floating on by, exams and final projects are right around the corner, which can only mean one thing, winter break is almost here. With winter break on the horizon it is important to have a good understanding of the residence shut-down procedure to make sure that come Dec. 23 at 2:00pm, when the doors to the residence are locked, you aren’t left out in the cold. Residence will remain closed until noon on Wednesday January, 4, the day before classes resume for the second half of the year.
Here is the nitty gritty of what you need to know and plan around before you get going on exams and final projects;
- If you indicated on your Residence Information Form that you needed to remain in residence during the December closedown between December 23 and January 4, you should have been contacted and assigned a room for this period.
- For students who are not returning to residence for the winter term, you are not eligible to extend your stay beyond December 23.
- During the shutdown, University Staff will be on duty, patrolling floors, checking for trespassers as well as performing various maintenance tasks.
- If you now require accommodation over the closedown period, you must complete the application form here; https://carletonhousing.wufoo.com/forms/december-closedown-application/
- Requests will not be considered beyond December 9.
- Should your request be approved, you will be contacted with further instructions on payment and room location.
- Your Campus Card will not be able to access any residence building between December 23 at 2:00pm and January 4 at noon.
If you have any questions, feel free to come by the Housing office between Res Com and Stormont House, room 261 Stormont House. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the mean time, happy studying and good luck with all of your final papers.